RecipeBook is an experiment in social bookmarking that I put together recently. It's designed for bookmarking one specific type of object: recipes.
It's not finished yet, but here's what you can do so far:
- Create an account and sign in.
- Drag the bookmarklet found at the bottom of the front page to your browser's toolbar.
- Find a recipe that you like somewhere else on the web and run the bookmarklet to bookmark it. Add tags and any notes for yourself.
- Once you've saved the recipe, switch to the edit tab and scroll down to the imported HTML section. Click on elements that you want to keep, alt-click to remove elements. When you've selected all the important elements of the recipe, press Save and those elements will be picked out and displayed alongside your bookmark.
- While you're cooking the recipe, take some photos and/or videos and upload them to Flickr, adding them to a new set. Back in RecipeBook, attach the address of that set to the recipe.
Here's an example (the photos are unrelated, couldn't find a pancakes set yet).