If you can't tell why a technology would be useful to you, it's not for people, it's for the robots.
- Raspberry Pi and Arduino construct sensitive machines using cheap, re-usable components.
- Google Glass provides machines with vision and access to a network of institutional knowledge.
- Self-driving vehicles allow machines to move around (and move other things around).
- Quadcopters extend that movement to 3 dimensions.
- Bitcoin allows machine-machine transactions to be processed without needing any evaluation of trust.